Here to support you on your babywearing journey!
Wrap a Hug is a sling library and consultancy based in east London. It is ran in the UK by Mel mama of 2 boys, certified babywearing consultants.
A sling library is a place where you can see and try on different types of slings. You can then choose to hire a sling for two weeks or more to be sure it’s the right one for you before buying it.
At Wrap a Hug sling library we have a variety of slings for you to try and find the one that works for you and your baby. We stock ring slings, meh dais, stretchy wraps, close caboos, buckles carriers, a wide choice of woven wraps and more! We are always acquiring new slings.
Whether you are pregnant, completely new to babywearing, or an experienced babywearer, we are here to offer advice, help you become confident carrying your baby and accompany you on your babywearing journey. That’s why we offer free follow-ups after our initial consultation.
We offer different types of services to meet your needs, whether you are new to babywearing an experienced wrapper or sling user who wants to try different carries or slings.
We run a regular sling library service on various sites, workshops and private consultations.
Bethnal Green sling library: every other Monday morning at Wrap a hug HQ
Stoke Newington sling library: every other Tuesday morning at Under the willow tree cafe, 114 Green Lanes N16 9EH
Poplar sling library: monthly Saturday session at Poplar Union, 2 Cottall Street E14 6TL
On demand sling library appts and private consultations are also available on demand.
We also run a sling social group and organise free monthly sling meets as part of the Tower Hamlets Family meet-up.
Join us at Sling Social East London on Facebook!
A private, tailored-made babywearing 1-to-1 session to learn more about slings and learn how to use them. During a private consultation, we teach you how to:
- Tie a woven wrap on the front, hip or back using techniques and carries that work for you.
- Tie a stretchy wrap.
- Use a ring sling, meh dai or other carriers.
- or a combination of the above to introduce you to babywearing and help you find the sling that works for you.
- This type of consultation is longer than the ones offered at the sling library and are adapted to you and your needs. Private consultations are suitable for expectant parents, new parents or parents of toddlers.
- Private consultations are held at the consultant’s home (Bethnal Green) during the week. Please be advised that the consultant works with her baby. Consultations at the client’s home can be arranged at the weekends.
The consultant will build a unique lesson following your specific needs and requests.
Workshops are advertised in the events section on our Facebook page.
All our workshops can also be ran on demand. We need a minimum of 3 paying participants (discounts for couples). Workshops can be tailor-made to you and your friends’ needs, and can be run from Wrap a Hug HQ in Bethnal Green or you can also suggest a location.